What The Heck is Discord ?
Discord is a community based chatting app that allows you to directly connect with other people within your niche. Although Discord was initially built for gamers, it grew and people from all walks of life started using it to empower their connectivity.
One of those communities is obviously the developer’s communities. I say communities , plural, because there are multiple sub-communities. One might focus on web development while another might focus on game development.
Here Are My Top 10 Discord Servers To Join As a Developer
- Devcord - Another popular community that focuses on general development topic, such as web development, desktop application, mobile devleopment. They also help channels for getting help with language or technology specific problems.
- The Coding Den - Another active community with over 5000 active users. Similar to the other servers, this one also provides technology/language specific channels. There is also a channel for showcasing your projects. However, be aware that they are very weary about spamming your project for the sake of promoting it, so make sure it is educational and adds value to the community.
- CodeSupport - If you need some serious help with your programming, then there is no better place to look than here. There is just about one channel for every topics you can think of.
- Lazy Developer - They say developers are one of the most lazy people. What better way to honor that than to create an entire community full of lazy devlopers. On a more serious note, this server can be a great place to learn new tips and tricks to increase your productivity and reduce your work.
- TensorFlow - If you are familiar with machine learning, then you probably already know that Tensorflow tends to be the centered of manny conversations. It is the most popular machine learning library.
- Programmer Humor - Are you suffering from a developer’s burnout or just bored from typing all day? Come here to get your daily juice of laughter from intelligent people with a humor side.
- Python - Python is quickly becoming one of the most trending languages do to its simplicity and role in data science and machine learning. Come here to showcase your python skill and pick up a some extra tips and tricks.
here are some additional servers recommended by the awesome community at devto:
Did I Miss One?
There are a lot of servers, so narrowing it down to a handful is quite a difficult task, so if I missed a very reputable one, please forgive me 😥 and post it in the comment below.